DEBATE 2018 - FINALS
19th L.N.Birla Memorial Debate
Finals - 11.07.2018
Time - 10 A.M.
The Topic for the Finals is In the opinion of the House 'Democracy has failed in India'.
- Dr Sandip Chatterjee - A Consultant Neurosurgeon, Dr Chatterjee is The Academic Co-Ordinator at Park Clinic, Kolkata and Professor and Head of Neurosurgery of VIMS, Kolkata. He is Editor-In-Chief of 2 Neurosurgical Journals, Apart from being associate editor of 6 other Global Neurosurgical Journals. Dr Chatterjee has over 70 scientific publications and several books to his credit; He is also an avid photographer and a Founder Member of The Calcutta Debating Circle . Dr Chatterjee introduced Micro Neurosurgery for brain and spinal disorders in the Private Sector in Kolkata when neither was available in the city two decades ago.
- Mr. Noomi Mehta - Chairman of Selvel One, India’s largest out of Home company, Mr Mehta is also Director & Founder Of Oval Developers Pvt Ltd , of Penada Company Limited, Thailand. He is the Founder Chairman and Director of Indian Outdoor Advertising Association. He was also The President of The Advertising Club Calcutta. He takes active interest in Sporting & Social Activities And Has Held Eminent Positions . The Most Notable Being President of The Indian Rugby Football Union, President of The Calcutta Cricket & Football Club. Senior Trustee of The Calcutta Zoroastrian Community’s Religious & Charity Funds and last but not the least past Hon. Secretary of Alumnorum Societas ( Old Boys Association Of St Xavier’s Collegiate School).
- Ms Malavika Banerjee - Ms Malavika Banerjee was The Director Of Kolkata Literary Meet, A Literary Festival that held its Fourth Edition In 2015. She is also the Owner-Director of Byloom, a store that promotes and retails handloom and handmade items. Her primary job is Sports Marketing, wherein her 20-year-old company, Gameplan Sports works with Kolkata Knight Riders And Sportspersons ranging from Ms Dhoni to Boris Becker.
- Ms.Peacock - Ms. Peacock Began Her Teaching Career In 1976. A former Principal of La Martiniere For Girls’, Kolkata, She is currently Director at Gems Akademia International School. Ms. Peacock has also worked with The Council For The Indian School Certificate Examinations, Delhi and has been a resource person conducting workshops and training programmes across the country particularly in english. She is passionate about teaching and has been involved with school teaching and teacher training for several decades. As a part of the school slt , she teaches english and phonics through music, with rhythm and songs. Ms. peacock has received several outstanding awards : The National Award For Teachers from H.E The President Of India, The Mother Teresa Millennium Award, The Telegraph Award For Noted Academician, And The Outstanding Teacher Award from The University Of Pennsylvania.
- Mr Sumit Das Gupta - Mr DasGupta has been a journalist for 24 years. He joined the ABP group back in 1994, and became the editor of Metro and then t2 of The Telegraph. He is now all set to start his own media venture.